The title of this recipe may make it sound challenging but it comes together very easily. It’s perfect for when you’re feeling tired or rundown. And it’s fun to have an elegant breakfast without breaking a sweat.
Traditional Chinese Medicine Properties: Warming, supports a healthy spleen and stomach, blood building, supports healthy kidneys and liver.
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and peeled
- 6 whole eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate with olive oil.
- Lay out the sweet potato slices on the bottom and sides of the pan, making 2-3 layers to ensure the whole pan is lined.
- Season with salt and pepper, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat, and add in the onions. Cook until translucent, then add in the mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are cooked through.
- Season with garlic powder and more salt and pepper.
- Add in the spinach, and cook until just wilted.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and nut milk.
- Add in the cooked onions, mushrooms, and spinach then pour over the prepared sweet potato crust.
- Turn the oven up to 400F, and bake quiche for 25 minutes, or until it’s golden brown on top and does not jiggle.
- Let cool slightly, then cut and enjoy!